This post contains links to products that I may receive compensation from at no additional cost to you. View my Affiliate Disclosure page here.
Still Me by Jojo Moyes is a new book featuring Louisa Clark of Me Before You and After You. Clark is a likable character and Still Me does a good job of moving her story forward. The following book club questions will have spoilers so if you haven’t read the novel yet, check out my preview and review first.
By now, Louisa Clark has experienced love, loss, depression and perseverance. She’s ready for a fresh start and a new adventure. The decision by Louisa to leave England for New York was one of the first times she made a decision for herself. She often times takes care of others but doesn’t make herself a priority. I like how Still Me is more about Louisa’s own self-discovery than the other reads. And in turn, we get a more self-reflective type story.
I was most interested in what happened to Louisa once she loses that job and is force to fend for herself. I would have love more of a focus on her clothing venture that we get a hint of toward the end. But this seems to be the final story in the series so that’s up to us to wonder where she ends up.
Personally, I have mixed feelings on her relationship with Sam. I think he generally cares for her but he put her in difficult spots constantly. And I didn’t respect how he handle his partner’s crush on him. Part of me would have preferred if Louisa remain single for a while in New York City. But she obviously loves Sam and he loves her or he wouldn’t have come to New York.
Book Club Questions for Still Me
- How did the story of Still Me compare to Me Before You and After You?
- How has Louisa change from when we first meet her in Me Before You to the end of Still Me?
- Why do you think she took the New York job?
- Almost every action Louisa takes she considers the advice Will gave her. What are you thoughts about Will remaining to have such an influence on her life? Do you think it will always be like that for her?
- What was your impression of Agnes Gopnik? In what ways are her and Louisa similar?
- Why do think Louisa was so loyal to Anges even though it cost her a lot?
- Let’s talk about Sam. There’s no doubt that long distance relationships are super tough. But what ways did Sam add more struggle to it? Were you surprised when they broke up?
- Louisa is very much in a transitional period of deciding who she is going to be. Did you relate to any of that? What advice would you give Louisa?
- Her dynamic with Josh, the American who looks like Will, was a bit all over the place. What did you think of that story choice and did you think there was any chance for them?
- What was your favorite section? What was your least favorite section?
- What are your thoughts about Sam coming to New York?
- Do you think Louisa discovers who she truly is?
- What do you hope to see for Louisa’s future? Where do you think she’ll be five years from now?